INIHAYAG NA ang 7 official entries sa ToFarm Filmfest na ngayon ay nasa ikatlong taon.
Kasama ni Dr. Milagros How (president ng Universal Harvestere Inc. at founder ng ToFarm), inihayag nina Bibeth Orteza at Direk Joey Romero (ToFarm managing directors) ang mga napili nilang pelikula para sa taong ito.
Mula sa 119 na nagpadala ng entries, ang mga nakalusot ay ang mga sumusunod na pelikula:
1) 1957 — A historical drama set in 1957, the year that Pres. Ramon Magsaysay died in a plane crash, written and directed by Hubert Tibi.
2) Alimuom — Science fiction, written and directed by Keith Sicat. Set in the future when parts of our country are under bio-domes. OFWs now stand for Outerspace Filipino Workers.
3) Fa-sang — A period romance, written by Charlson Ong (director to be announced, but Ong has expressed his preference for Chito Rono who last year directed his script for “Ghost Bride”).
4) Isang Kuwento ng Gubat (The Leonard Co Story) —Biopic, written by Rosalie Matilac, directed by Ellen Ongkeko Marfil, Rosalie Matilac, and Nilo Paz. This is based on the true story of a great Filipino botanist who was slain together with a guide and a forest ranger in the forest of Kanangga, Leyte.
5) Lola Igna — Cultural drama, written and directed by Eduardo Roy Jr. about a 115-year old grandmother living in Sagada.
6) Mga Anak Ng Kamote — Futuristic absurd comedy-drama, written by John Carlo Pacala; directed by Carlo Enciso Catu. Set in 2052, the planting of kamote is prohibited by then and those guilty of planting and selling of kamote are put in prison per the Kamote Planting Regulation Act.
7) Sol Searching — A dark comedy was written and directed by Roman Perez Jr. about Teacher Sol, a no-nonsense grade school teacher who died and cannot be buried due to lack of funds.
Ang bawat napiling pelikula ay makakatanggap ng seed money worth P1.5 million.
Gaganapin ang Tofarm Film Festival 2018 on September 12 to 19.
by Leo Bukas