Richard Reyes Faulkerson Jr. or Alden Richards have been in the showbiz industry for ten years now. Alden has already been making waves in the entertainment world as a promising leading man, endorser and a record artist. He became a household name and was catapulted to national and international fame during Eat Bulaga’s Kalye series in 2015.
But before he became the other half of the iconic AlDub duo, he was already a superstar in his own rights. He landed his first lead role in the prime time TV drama, One True Love in 2012 starring besides Louise delos Reyes. The series will air again in GMA this coming August 10.
Here are some things you may not know about the dashing Alden Richards.
1. He originally wanted to become a pilot when he was growing up.
2. Upon the urging of his mother, he began pursuing his acting career as a means to support his family.
3. He started with joining beauty pageants and accepting jobs as a commercial model.
4. He was crowned Ginoong Sta. Rosa in 2009 and Ginoong Laguna in 2010.
5. Among his early works as a product endorser, he appeared in commercials for a network provider, fast food chain and multivitamins.
6. He auditioned for several reality shows with his home network and the rival network. Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash of 2010 and StarStruck were just the few shows he auditioned for, but failed.
7. Although he already made several projects and shows with GMA, it was only in 2013 that he signed an exclusive contract with the network.
8. In an interview, he considered his work in One True Love as his biggest break in showbiz. His acting skills was recognized when he earned his first Best Actor nomination in the 2013 Golden Screen TV awards.
9. He sees himself as a hopeless romantic. He once said in an interview that chivalry is not dead, and as a lover, being a gentleman is a must for him.
10. If he ever had a girlfriend, he’d choose someone who doesn’t smoke. His mother was a heavy smoker, and her death impacted him in many ways. He said that he doesn’t want his girlfriend’s family to experience the trauma he went through.
11. He makes it a habit to go to church daily. Even though there is no scheduled masses going on, he goes just to pray and talk to God.
12. As a certified sweet tooth, he can finish one whole brazo de mercedez!
13. He can eat one whole ensaymada in one bite! Talk about talent!
14. Not only that he eats well, he also cooks well! According to Alden, he used to help his grandmother around the kitchen, so he knows his way around. His specialty? Adobo of course!
15. He is highly dedicated to his craft. Not only he acts well, he studies the dynamics behind the camera. In his free time, he watches a lot of films to study the technicalities such as lighting. He said, through this method, he can improve himself continuously.
16. He came from a tough life and worked his way up. With this background, he never fails to give back and share his blessings. He sends his sister to college, and he makes it a point to regularly celebrate his birthday at the Holy Trinity Home for Children.
Alden plays the perfect ideal gentleman in movies and television shows. It is so surprising to know that he really is one behind the camera and outside of his work. His humble and simple nature, dedication to his profession, and outlook in life is so refreshing to see from someone who had made it big. What else would you look for?