Offered by the Philippine National Bank, the Mabuhay Miles World MasterCard allows you to travel the world at your own pace – faster and better. What separates it from most of the MasterCards available in the market is the high-reward scheme it offers to its clients.
Since it is a collaboration of PNB and PAL (Philippine Airlines), it has the following features that cater to the international globe trotter in you.
1. Free Mabuhay Miles (worth 2,000) as a welcome gift once you activate your card.
2. You also get a free 10,000 worth Mabuhay Miles provided that you make a hundred thousand pesos worth of transactions with the airlines (PAL) within a year from the card was issued.
3. Of course, since you are among the elite members, you get to have priority check-in at PAL Business Class counters.
4. Apart from those perks, you get a 5% discount on international flights offered by PAL if you book online.
5. They also offer free travel insurance up to PhP10M.
6. They have free purchase protection insurance.
7. And lastly, they offer 24-hour concierge services for domestic and international travel.
How to Apply
Now that you know all the perks that go with owning the Mabuhay Miles World MasterCard, let me run you through how to apply for it.
1. Go to the following link: PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles MasterCard.
2. Click the apply here text at the bottom of the page (after the benefits section).
3. The link will lead you to a one-page application form. You can save this form via PDF to fill in.
4. Alternatively, print the form and fill it out with the needed information. Make sure to write legibly. Avoid making erasures or mistakes.
5. With your form filled up, go to the PNB branch near you.
6. Make sure you bring valid IDs. (Passport, Work ID, Drivers Licence, UMID among others).
7. Take a number from the machine and wait for your turn.
8. Present your form and IDs to the bank agent.
All done! It really is easy! I personally like the ease of applying. You don’t have to fill up multiple documents, as they already made their application form compact.
Honestly, more than two pages is a chore to fill out. So I am glad that PNB considered this efficient way of application.
Here are some additional tips I can give you.
1. Make sure that you filled all the necessary information in the form. This way, it will make your application easier and faster.
2. Bring many Valid IDS. It’s better to be sure. As some may not accept the valid ID you present. Also, you can call your PNB bank and ask about the valid IDs they accept. Make sure to get the name of the agent you talked to and the details of your conversation.
4. Go early. I cannot stress this enough. Since banks tend to be overflowed with customers during mid-day and most Mondays, I suggest going early on midweek. This way there is less competition for you. Less hassle too!
Rates and Fees
Before applying for any credit card, it is important to consider the rates and fees involved.
- Interest rate: 2.7% per month
- Late payment fee: PHP 300 or US $10
- Cash advance fee: 5%
- Foreign transaction fee: 2.5%
- Annual fee: PHP 6,000 (waived the first year)
- Over limit fee: PHP 300 or US $10
How to Contact the Bank
If you would like to contact the bank, you can find their head office at 8F PNB Financial Center, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Boulevard, Pasay City, Philippines 1300. You can also call them at 8818 9818.
If this card is an offer that you are interested in, you can go to the bank’s website to learn more information. Applying for this card is hassle-free, just make sure you are aware of all of the costs involved with being a cardholder.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.